[Sca-cooks] "Correct" pies - making outdoors

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:01:36 PST 2009

Two years ago, I attended the Military Through the Ages event at Jamestown, VA.  One group, Lord Gray's Retinue, specializing in 1470 English reenactment, was preparing their meal over a fire, and were cooking small pies on a grill.  This isn't the best photograph in the world, but you can see how they had their fire pit set up.

 http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~jennifer-carlson/mta/mta2007/2589.jpg

I haven't tried this myself, but the Retinue did eat what they cooked on site.

Talana