[Sca-cooks] Grilled lamb intestines, yummy!

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 14:12:40 PST 2009

As someone raised in rio de la Plata :) I can everything of grilled lamb or
cow intestines. Exquisite, they are part of the traditional "asado" or
barbecue. They are crispy and tender, a bit sweet. Ah, my childhood savours!
Ana

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Christiane
<christianetrue at earthlink.net>wrote:

> Ok, maybe not yummy, but the subject line caught your attention, didn't it?
> Apparently these are authentic Palermo street food:
>
> http://www.parlafood.com/stigghiuole-palermo-street-food/#more-3756
>
> Me, I'd probably like them, but then again I seem to like offal. I really
> want to try the grilled spleen sandwiches, pane ca' meusa:
>
> http://www.parlafood.com/pane-ca-meusa/
>
> This is a fun blog. Great photos too. And if I ever find a recipe for
> setteveli (a seven layer cake with hazelnut cream, chocolate mousse,
> pralines, etc.) I will surely share it.
>
> But back to the lamb guts on a stick, is this popular in other areas of the
> Meditteranean?
>
> Adelisa

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci