[Sca-cooks] Boarshead was Decadence menu

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Dec 20 04:22:34 PST 2009

If I recall, the cook went to pick up all the other meats
at the butcher and was explaining what it was she was doing
and he mentioned he just butchered a hog -- did she want the head?
It had been tossed. So she took it and it became a real, non-edible
subtletie. This is what I remember anyway. It wasn't purchased to be
eaten.

In certain quarters in this country there are concerns over various
conditions caused or believed to be caused by prions.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/02/04/ST2008020400869.html
is this odd story about slaughterhouses and pig's brains.
There's also
chronic wasting disease which is showing up in deer and elk.

Johnnae