[Sca-cooks] Kitchen Tool Mystery [OOP]

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sun Dec 20 08:25:34 PST 2009

Susan Lin wrote:
> You stick the potato between the plate and the "presser foot" and you crank
> it down and the pressure sends the potato through the plate and voila -
> french fries.
>
> I'm not sure there are any accessories to go with it.  There might be
> another plate but it kinda looks like this one is it.
>
> Here are a couple of modern versions:
> http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=211530812&listingid=58660347
> http://www.amazon.com/Progressive-Vegetable-French-Fry-Cutter/dp/B00004RDFH

Thanks.  Those both look like good cutters ... but as they
don't match the one I have ...

> As for makers marks or other identifying information - can't tell from the
> picture if there are any marks on it.
>
> Have fun - my husband asked if we had a french fry maker just yesterday -
> had to say no.
>
> Shoshanna
>
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Martin G. Diehl <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:
>

>>Greetings,
>>
>>Please take a look at this french fry tool ...
>>http://users.nac.net/mdiehl/mystery/HPIM2041c.jpg
>>
>>I got this gem at a thrift shop for $5.
>>
>>The mystery isn't 'what' or 'what for' ...
>>
>>I would like to know the manufacturer's name
>>... possibly the model identification.
>>
>>Maybe I'll be able to get some accessories and
>>more use from it.
>>
>>Thanks for any help.

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

Visit my online gallery at Renderosity [3D Artist's Community]
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge, but so little time and bandwidth
--MGD