[Sca-cooks] Marzipan question

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:10:39 PST 2009

Gwen Cat -

I'm not sure about the heat thing - I'm always cold and we have a granite
countertop that keeps things cool, but as for coloring - I usually put my
marzipan in a zippy bag and add the color and mush it in that - keeps my
hands cleaner and doesn't make quite the mess I usually have when coloring
things.  Or, I'll make my figures (usually fruit) and then use luster dust
to "paint" them.  I can get the colors pretty realistic that way.

Good luck - will we see some of your creations at 12th Night?

Shoshanna