[Sca-cooks] new Peter G. Rose volume

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Dec 2 11:40:00 PST 2009

I came across this title in November and ordered it last week.
Food, Drink, and Celebrations of the Hudson Valley Dutch. The History
Press, 2009.
It came today and I am so pleased to actually see a copy.
It's not a volume that one is likely to encounter at Borders or B&N.

As many of you already know Peter G. Rose is the expert on
Dutch cookery in early America. She's the author and translator of The
Sensible Cook: Dutch Foodways in the Old and the New World.

For anyone interested in the food and drink of the Dutch in 17th
century America, this is a great volume. It includes chapters on New
Year's celebrations and Saint Nicholas; there's a bibliography plus
numerous pictures.

http://www.peterrose.com/ is her website.

Johnnae