[Sca-cooks] 14th Century French Feast in January

HL Bebhinn O'Siodhachain hlbebhinn at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 05:20:10 PST 2009

Good morning everyone,

I am new to this list, but I have a question for you all.  I am doing a feast in january for the 25th anniversary of my Barony as well as the investiture of the new baron and Bariness.  It is a once in a lifetime feast.  It also happens to be my first.  I have cooked for approx 60 before, but I will be cooking for 160 this time and I just wanted to know if anyone had any tips for me that might make my time of it a little easier.  This is not a truly period feast, as per the request of the new nobles.  Some of my dishes and sauces are completely period and some of my dishes are merely frenchish, but it is all taste tested and approved by the incoming nobles and they are thrilled.  My biggest problem is planning and timing.  Any tips??

Baroness Bebhinn
Barony of Darkwater
Kingdom of Trimaris