[Sca-cooks] Andalusia = Middle East?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 9 16:34:10 PST 2009

Kiri said:
<<< I also make sure that all of the dishes I serve at our local
Middle Eastern
event are documented as being period.  I have even attempted in past
years
to concentrate on specific areas of the Middle East...last year, we did
Andalusia. >>>

Okay, I'm confused.

Are you lumping Andalusia in as part of the Middle East? I thought it
was in Spain. That doesn't seem very close. But I think I've heard
others lump them together also.

Would you put Persian information in "Middle East"?  In part, I'm
trying to figure out what information for the Florilegium goes into
the Middle East files. Once I get enough info on a specific country or
region it usually gets its own file, but until that time I tend to use
some more general files.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com