[Sca-cooks] boef (alla) Carbonara

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 20:18:10 PST 2009

Actually, I don't know.  As far as I can tell, it's not that different from
what I've heard called...um.....()#*( on a shingle......cream sauce, chipped
beef, and some pasta, instead of the bread.

First saw it on a TV dinner.

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 4:57 AM, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius <
adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Dec 25, 2009, at 5:22 AM, Ian Kusz wrote:
>

> http://www.blogalag.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/05/19/20080514origins_beefcarbonarax.jpg
> >
> > not sure what you mean, you've never heard of beef carbonara?
>
> Right. I had never, prior to reading your post, heard of beef carbonara. So
> it is just a pork-free carbonara (the photo also looks suspiciously egg-free
> and cream-enriched) with fried bits of beef on top, or is it a
> carbonara-like dish made with some kind of cured or smoked beef? For
> example, I guess I could see something with eggs, no cheese, and a beef
> product being served in a Kosher restaurant or home.
>
> What is the provenance of the dish?
>
> Adamantius
>

> "Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we
> all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
>                        -- Rabbi Israel Salanter

Ian of Oertha