[Sca-cooks] Cook's Illustrated

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 13:13:31 PST 2009

> I like all their gadget testing (not that I need any more of those... :-)), > but sometimes the recipes can bother me. They have a tendency to decide on > a particular result or style ("like I ate when I was a kid" sort of thing, > sometimes), then play around with it until they get a result that > matches.
> Sandra
Well every recipe can't match everyone's expectations but I understand your
point. However for many of their recipes they subject them to a group of tasters
to find what tastes correct. And they will even describe what each attempt of
a recipe results in. So if you like cheesecake kind of grainy where they are wanting
it smooth, then use the method that may have negatively been described as
grainy if you like it that way.

You do have to have some kind of benchmark when you perform an experiment.

Gunthar