[Sca-cooks] Sauce made with blood

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 2 18:25:44 PST 2009

On Feb 2, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Jim and Andi Houston wrote:

> There are several recipes in Menagier of Paris and Du Fait de
> Cuisine that
> use blood in sauces. I soooo want to give one of these a try, but
> where
> would one buy blood?

I know I've seen (as recently as a couple of weeks ago) frozen pint
tubs of pig's and duck blood in some of the Chinese markets we frequent.

I have no idea what the target consumer uses pig's blood for, but I've
seen cooked duck's blood, coagulated into a block that looks like milk-
chocolate tofu, which then gets sliced or diced and cooked like tofu...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter