[Sca-cooks] OT: Do we need cold-food recipes for Drakey and Co.?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 23:35:39 PST 2009

Adamantius commented:

<<< It's a balmy 19F, -7.2C here in Queens. >>>

Brrrr. You went outside voluntarily?

<<< So, I was already in a Drakey state of mind when I came back inside,
to find waiting for me photos sent me by a friend, who has relatives
in Adelaide, where it is expected to go up to 92F, 33C. >>>

Sounds like we have some time before it actually gets there hot then.

<<< So, who's got recipes for a nice chilled fruit or cucumber soup,
maybe
a cold poached fish in a vinegar sauce? My current project seems to be
centering on joutes with boiled bacon, which is probably more
appropriate for here...>>>

joutes?

Well, some summer dishes from the Florilegium:
Summer-Salad-art  (17K) 11/28/00    "A Summer Salad" by Lady Jehanne
de Huguenin
Orng-Lmn-drks-art (10K)  4/11/07    "Orange and Lemon Drinks of Summer"
                                        by THL Johnnae llyn Lewis, CE.
Andalusan-Fst-msg  (8K) 10/26/02    An Andalusian summer banquet
                                        by Giles de Laval.

Stefan
(The high temps here are currently in the 70s with the lows in the
upper 50s). In another month or so the camping events will start up
again. Gulf Wars in only another month. Who's going?)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com