[Sca-cooks] OT: Do we need cold-food recipes for Drakey and Co.?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 6 04:37:27 PST 2009

On Feb 6, 2009, at 2:35 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Adamantius commented:
>
> <<< It's a balmy 19F, -7.2C here in Queens. >>>
>
> Brrrr. You went outside voluntarily?

Well, I didn't specifically order up the weather in advance, but yes,
and I was warmly dressed, it was sunny, and I had military-grade
coffee. But as I said, I did manage to briefly get my hand stuck to
the railing.

> <<< So, I was already in a Drakey state of mind when I came back
> inside,
> to find waiting for me photos sent me by a friend, who has relatives
> in Adelaide, where it is expected to go up to 92F, 33C. >>>
>
> Sounds like we have some time before it actually gets there hot then.

It's all about what you're used to. This is extremely unusual for them.

> <<< So, who's got recipes for a nice chilled fruit or cucumber soup,
> maybe
> a cold poached fish in a vinegar sauce? My current project seems to be
> centering on joutes with boiled bacon, which is probably more
> appropriate for here...>>>
>
> joutes?

Stewed mixed greens, bacon boiled, sliced, and served on the side.
Think of it as medieval collard greens and ham hocks.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter