[Sca-cooks] OOP New Toy Acquisition

Katja katjaorlova at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 10:46:45 PST 2009

KitchenAid; not only did it hold a small amount of the filling, but if
you used the plunger that comes with it to push the meat down into the
opening, it just sort of pushed meat over the top edge of the hopper
onto your work surface. It got to the point where about half the time
I was just forming balls of meat the size of the pipe opening, and
pushing them down with my hand. Which, of course, does slow down the
process somewhat.

</lurk>

When I began using my Kitchenaid to make sausages for feasts several years ago, I found that a nifty little attachment -- a special food tray that hooks on top of the grinder/stuffer's feed tube -- was absolutely invaluable:

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-FT-Attachment-Stand-Mixers/dp/B00004SGFI/ref=pd_sim_k_njs_3/190-7376259-2281315

It makes adding handfuls of ground or chunked meat MUCH less annoying -- and it speeds things up, too! <smile>

BTW, I enjoyed meeting all the folks I've previously met only through their words on this list. <grin>

<lurk>

Regards,
Katja