[Sca-cooks] Soup and eggs question

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Wed Feb 11 16:59:44 PST 2009

That is why I am asking this question now, 10 months out from Date.
?This is Basic Planning stage, where things are mulled over, questioned, and then thrown out as being ridiculous in man-power hours, or expensive in other means, and other?ideas are tossed in, for the saame treatment.
The next phase, once I have an idea of what I want to do and serve, is?a test run of all of the recipes, and a test Feast.
This way, we can check?for taste clash, what does the recipe need to fly or does it get tossed, and replaced with something else; how do the costs run, is this course feasible or too expensive....
Once I have menu and figures in hand, then I will bid for the Feast.

And then I will start worrying over the timing of everything, precooking and bringing it to the table by 6:30 PM, on Saturday, December 5.

I may be thinking too much, or not enough. I am reading and re-reading the Fleurigium at?a feverish pace, and lurking here, trying to be a sponge soaking up knowledge as we go.
Not to mention going over aand over my own books at home.

Helen

::laughs softly to self:: I don't get it-I can do a reception or covered-dish for 300 without turning a single hair root grey, but preparing Feasts has me second-guessing myself all over the place.