[Sca-cooks] An Entrement Experiment

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Feb 25 06:44:51 PST 2009

There's also a full description and large photo of  another attempt to
reproduce
Chiquart's
"Hure e Sanglier Doree" in Flandrin's Fetes Gourmandes.
See pages 120-121.

I think we sewed and skewered the head before we cooked the one that I had
a hand in helping with. Also covered most of the pig's head with pieces
of foil that was removed
as the head cooked. It kept the ears from burning. We used to do these
from time to
time as we had a source for pigs. I can't recall that we ever set it on
fire.

Johnnae