[Sca-cooks] pickled brisket

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 23:32:25 PST 2009

Shoshanna replied to me with:

<<< I'm not sure about the periodness of it -- it's based on my mother's
recipe.  When I'm not on a handheld and at home I'll get it for you.
We use buffalo now -- very yummy! >>>

Where are you?  I've noticed that buffalo (American Bison) is now
showing up in my local grocery store, but they usually have only one
or two packages on the shelf. But then lamb isn't much more available
and both are fairly expensive.

I was, of course, mostly looking for another period pickled meat
recipe, but even if yours isn't period a number of us would still
like to see it I'm sure.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------