[Sca-cooks] Pancakes and Fruitcakes was Happy Shrove/Fat Tuesday

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 07:11:52 PST 2009

Greetings the List,
Nope, not of a persuasion to fast, but of a heritage that celebrates Rose Monday and Fat Tuesday with GUSTO.  Since I have other obligations tonight I spent time with my folks last night watching Karnival programs while drinking Gluehwein (hot spiced) and eating Berliner Pfannkuchen  (what here would be termed custard filled bismarks)  YUM

On the other topic, your discussion got me curious just how far back fruit cake recipes go.  If I had to pick a country how about English?  any online leads?

Curious
Gwen Cat