[Sca-cooks] candied corn

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Thu Jan 1 07:05:22 PST 2009

Like sugar plums, of course.  Very tiny sugar plums.  Each corn kernel is
cut in half to remove the pit.  Then it's a layer of sugar, a layer of corn,
a layer of sugar, etc.  Until the pan is full.  Takes about 9 days (I'm
using the Sugar Plum recipe from your Florithingy.), at which point, the
corn kernels are transformed in shape, color and size.  Don't ask me how,
but somewhere along the way, they grow in size, and acquire other
colors--most often, a striped pattern of yellow, orange, and white, although
I've also seen some with brown.
--Maire