[Sca-cooks] New Year's Eve/Day repast

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 07:07:30 PST 2009

Yeah, we wound up not going to our party as well.  So this morning, instead
of those lovely waffles, I'm getting a real treat:  the better half is
making Eggs Benedict, even as we speak.  Then later today, we'll have the
usual New Year's Day meal...kale (for money), black-eyed peas (for luck) and
ham (it's just delicious!!).  Both of us come from southern roots.
Unfortunately we can't have the spoon bread or corn bread that would
complete the meal...corn is bad for diabetes, sigh!

Kiri