[Sca-cooks] A Knife Problem

Lisa ladyemp at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 1 16:01:06 PST 2009

> Why the whispers?  I still use my church key (worked real nice on the cans
> of evaporated milk for the pumpkin pies).  I still use my P-38 can opener,
> but it's usually on the wrong key ring when I need it.  Both of those are
> 30+ years old.
>
> In the past two weeks, I've gotten rid of one electric and three manual
> (modern) can openers that couldn't do the job.
>
> Bear

Actually, I have 3 of them, and use all 3 quite frequently, especially when
I'm in a baking mood.  (3 because I have a small child in the house who
thinks they're neat looking toys and I have to play a version of hide and
seek to find one half the time lol) As for regular can openers, I have yet
to find a good manual can opener... even the ones that look like the ones I
grew up with, they seem to make much cheaper and they really don't work
right, if they work at all.  Right now we're using the battery operated One
Touch can openers... work better than any of the manuals we have.

Elizabeta of Rundel