[Sca-cooks] Spice Sources was Did you ever?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jan 7 12:28:03 PST 2009

Stefan keeps a file on these sources in the Florilegium.
Here are some online sources with reviews:  In the PLANTS, HERBS AND
SPICES section of the Florilegium.

merch-spices-msg  (44K) 11/17/07    Spice merchants. Reviews and
recommendations

Stefan

And the SCA Cooks List Archives can be searched also.
A search in that turns up posts with these sources mentioned:

Spice Sources:

Grains of Paradise and many other hard to find herbs & spices   like long
pepper, saunders, galangal, saffron, cubeb berries ,and blends such as  Irish
meat rub, Quatre spice, Pourder Forte, Pouder Dulse are readily available  at

Dragonmarsh   _www.dragonmarsh.com_ (http://www.dragonmarsh.com)
3643 University Ave
Riverside, Ca 92501  (951) 276-1116

>From my list: Vann's carries grains of paradise.