[Sca-cooks] Feast nightmare

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 9 15:02:16 PST 2009

I always keep an eye on the weather.  I may be a rain wimp but I never
wind up with housefull of defrosted food when the event is cancelled.

I remember one year when the roads washed out to the Black Oak Lodge
site.  I had a freezer full of ducks and we jolly well ate duck for
months.  I paid for them, the shire wasn't going to be able to cover it,
so they were mine.  Frankly we got tired of duck after a while but it
was rather grand.

After the initial shock has work off, I'm sure there will be a certain
level of relief.  I hope so anyway.

Selene