[Sca-cooks] paws, claws and Chevrolet No va

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 12:07:21 PST 2009

Many thanks for correcting me. Chicken indeed have feet with claws but no paws.

Adamantius wrote:

> And then, of course, there were stories of the mysteriously low sales
> numbers for the Chevrolet Nova automobile throughout the Spanish-
> speaking world. While, technically, it does sort of sound like "Chevy
> doesn't go", I find it hard to accept the idea that this is the first
> thing anybody who thinks in Spanish, which is derived from Latin,
> thinks when they hear that. at earthlink.net)

Chevrolet No va - doesn't sound like sort of "Chevy doesn't go,"  it is:
"Chevy doesn't go!" Chevy owners around here are 35 or younger. Anyone
older than that would never buy one. Yes, the intended meaning was
"nova", "nueva", "new" but Latin is a dying language which many
potential Latin American customers did not understand. Anyway I find all
this off topic put amusing.
Suey