[Sca-cooks] 7 lb chicken update

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:22:28 PST 2009

I took the monster chicken out of its plastic sheathe
and washed it out.
The skin did feel much tougher than even a turkey as
I loosened it from the meat. I smeared a pureed
garlic paste between the skin and meat and then
stuffed the cavity with a quarter onion, a half
a lemon, rosemary, thyme and sage.

The monster was placed on a rack of bamboo skewers
and the liquid consisted of a cup of water and several
good glugs of a nice chardonnay. To the liquid was
added more onion and lemon.

It was covered with a tightly fitting lid and placed in
a 350 degree oven for around 3 hours. I only just
remembered that I'd forgotten to salt and pepper the
bird and don't want to lose the steam so I'll let it
go and season it when it comes out.

I'll give a report on the final product later.

Gunthar