[Sca-cooks] Gulf Wars BBQ competition - sigh

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 12:14:13 PST 2009

Sounds like it to me.  What Grandpa would do is shred the cooked meat (I
believe that they often both boiled and roasted meat to conserve fuel,
right?) and put it into a baking dish, pour the sauce over it...then he
would spiral-cut a lemon to put on top, which would add some flavor from the
pulp and peel of the lemon.  But yeah, this sounds very similar!  Grandpa
would be very surprised to find out that he was possibly using a period
recipe!

Kiri