[Sca-cooks] Ricotta Salata???

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Tue Jan 20 21:18:13 PST 2009

Okay, gang....
I had some time to kill in the grocery store today, while waiting to get a prescription filled, and got intrigued by a new cheese, which I've adopted and brought home.  It looks to be an aged, perhaps salted? version of ricotta.  Fairly firm texture, even after being at room temp for a while.  Very creamy-white, with a faint, white mold on the rind/outer area (white like with brie, but not as thick).
What do I do with it? Is it meant to be grated, like a parmesan? Or eaten with bread or crackers? I've got half a pound of it to play with, so I'd love to hear from any of you who've encountered this....
--Maire