[Sca-cooks] Gazpacho

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 22:44:48 PST 2009

Suey asked:

<<< The other night, Luis had a night off and I made gazpacho.
Peter said it was wonderful, of course he is an ambassador at heart. I
think it stinks.My ingredients were:
a slice of stale bread soaked in vinegar
750 gr tomatoes
3 garlic clove
1/4 cup olive oil
salt
What is missing here??? The tomatoes were first class. Something was
missing to give it the flavor we know. >>>

Well, I was going to point you to this file in the FOOD section of
the Florilegium. Then in reading it, I saw a message in there from
you, disputing the period white gazpacho as being a gazpacho. So I
guess you're already aware of it.

For anyone interested, here is the file and the recipe from it.

Stefan

gazpacho-msg      (12K)  2/21/08    A soup or sauce of vinegar,
garlic and bread