[Sca-cooks] New Year's Eve/Day repast

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Thu Jan 1 06:54:29 PST 2009

Stefan, I would be doing Hopping John if I were eating at home today...
I think it's actually a regional/southern thing.  I actually really have to
*look* to find black-eyed peas around here.  It's certainly not a tradition
in my family (I live in the northern Rockies, and have a strongly Yankee/New
England heritage)--I picked it up from Southern friends.  The friend with
whom I'm spending the day--her family holiday tradition involves oyster stew
(on Christmas Eve).
Gingerbread waffles sound WONDERFUL!!!!
--Maire