[Sca-cooks] A Knife Problem

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Jan 1 15:45:02 PST 2009

> *snip*
> Use one of the old, triangular can openers (from
> before pull tab cans) to punch a hole in the bottom of that can.
> *snip*
>
> Psst, Stefan... they're called church keys.... or at least that's what we
> always called them.  Hmmmm I guess that dates me pretty well too lol
>
> Elizabeta of Rundel

Why the whispers?  I still use my church key (worked real nice on the cans
of evaporated milk for the pumpkin pies).  I still use my P-38 can opener,
but it's usually on the wrong key ring when I need it.  Both of those are
30+ years old.

In the past two weeks, I've gotten rid of one electric and three manual
(modern) can openers that couldn't do the job.

Bear