[Sca-cooks] New Year's Eve/Day repast

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 18:11:21 PST 2009

My mother actually calls her children on New Year's Day to make sure we've all eaten our black-eyed peas.  This year I cooked them with bacon and served them with fried chicken, collards, cornbread, and chow-chow.  The cherry pie is in the oven - it's my husband's reward for having eaten the peas.  He loathes them, but eats them to keep his mother-in-law happy.

With best wishes for every one in 2009 and beyond,

Talana