[Sca-cooks] Question about Citron Leaves

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 13:31:47 PST 2009

Hi folks,
I'm working on figuring out dishes for my Middle Eastern feast at the end of
February.  I'm looking at an Andalusian recipe, "A Dish of Eggplants with
Saffron" that calls for, among other things, citron leaves.  I have googled
them and can only find a description of them, but no one seems to carry
them!  So...I was wondering.  I can get hold of kaffir lime leaves...would
these be a reasonable substitute for the citron leaves?  They are both
citrus fruits, and the Wikipedia article indicates that citron, pomelo and
mandarin orange were the original citrus fruits...and that citron is the
name used in several countries for lemon.  So they appear to be closely
related.

Any opinions??

Kiri