[Sca-cooks] Lentils, lentils everywhere....

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Jan 5 08:52:22 PST 2009

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:

> As for those coral-orangey lentils, I think those are intended for dal and
> such; they always seem to turn into brown mush no matter what I do, but I
> think that's part of the Master Plan.
>
> Adamantius

They're also known as Egyptian red lentils in some places, and masoor dal
if you're Indian. They cook to a golden-brown mush, which is useful in
itself as a thickener or a base for something else, or you can look up any
dal recipe that calls for masoor dal. They're a staple in my kitchen. ;-)

Margaret FitzWilliam