[Sca-cooks] Rice and servings

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 5 14:48:15 PST 2009

Thanks to everyone for their insights. I have a basic mujaddara recipe of two cups of rice, one cup of dried lentils, and two medium onions or one gigantic onion. This makes one basic half-catering pan full, I have found.

Here's where it gets interesting for me; when I made it for the bands I catered for, I found that one pan was never enough, and I had to make two. At the end of the evening, I'd come to clean up and found that there was only a couple of servings left; these were usually snapped up by a vegan band member.

I would also get told, "I was just going to have one serving, but I went back there three times!"

Apparently my mujaddara inspires severe gluttony.

Gianotta