[Sca-cooks] Early Irish food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 9 19:23:23 PST 2009

Adamantius mentioned:

 > Syllabub/Hatted Kit, etc.

Syllabub I remember seeing recipes for and we've had some discussions
on, but what is "Hatted Kit"? Is this just another name for syllabub/
caudles?

 > Drisheen (a blood pudding made with milk)

Recipe? Description? I assume this isn't kosher...

 > Pottages made with milk, such as Brotchan Foltchep/Brotchan Roy
may or
 > may not count as separate foods.

Are these the same as porridges?

(What little I have on porridges:
porridges-msg     (52K)  5/14/08    Period porridges and gruels. )

Thanks,
      Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas