[Sca-cooks] January 2009 MK Cooks Challenge

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 14 09:55:27 PST 2009

My word, yes, cheese.  Particularly in the Middle Kingdom.  I was struck
by the difference the regional milk made, even in such an ordinary
product as cottage cheese.

My father, a wine columnist who writes as "The Grape Escape" in L.A.
area papers, is a harsh critic of phrases like "grassy" and "raspberry
notes" etc.  "If I want raspberries, I'll eat raspberries" he
complains.  I don't really agree with him totally;  for some subtle
distinctions, how else can you word it?  Like every other style of
jargon it can be taken to extremes, of course.  My usual "don't be a
jerk" guidelines apply.

Tangentally:  I am spearheading the activity organization for the 25th
Anniversary of the Right Noble Brewers' Guild of Caid est. September
1985] and am examining these suggestions most carefully. I would like to
appropriate the vinegar-tasting concept if nobody minds, including the
caveat about not overdoing it with too many samples.

Selene