[Sca-cooks] Gulf Wars BBQ competition - sigh

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 12:01:20 PST 2009

Modern... or not?  This is very similar, if you view lemon and verjus as
fulfilling the same tartness function.  Cooking the meat in the sauce
briefly really ensures all the meat juice goodness gets into the sauce,
doesn't it?

    BARBE ROBERT (From The Vivendier)

    */Firstly, to make a Barbe Robert.  Get a little clear water and set
    it to boil with some butter; then add in wine, mustard, verjuice and
    such spices and as strong as you like, and let everything boil
    together.  Then get your pieces of chicken, put them in and let them
    boil only briefly; then roast them.  Watch that there is a
    reasonable amount of broth.  It should be colored a little with saffron.

    Selene
    /*