[Sca-cooks] Gazpacho

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 20:38:45 PST 2009

>The other night, Luis had a night off and I made gazpacho. Peter said it was wonderful, of course he is an ambassador at heart. I think it stinks.My ingredients were:
>a slice of stale bread soaked in vinegar
>750 gr tomatoes
>3 garlic clove
>1/4 cup olive oil
>salt
>What is missing here??? The tomatoes were first class. Something was missing to give it the flavor we know.

I usually add cucumber, red pepper, onion, and parsley, and prefer it with less olive oil  Process it all in a blender or food processor, and add a garnish of chopped veggies. Some versions use chicken stock, but I make it from fresh veggies. I add the vinegar separately rather than soaking the bread in it, you didn't say how much vinegar you used, was it enough or too much?

Ranvaig