[Sca-cooks] I pita the foo'

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jan 28 15:12:22 PST 2009

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-5/Pita-Bread.html
says:
"6 The ovens are kept at a very high temperature, between 800-900° F
(426.6-482.2° C). The pita loaves move quickly through the ovens where
they are exposed to the high heat for about one minute. The combination
of the high heat and flash-baking causes the water in the dough to turn
to steam thus forming the pita pocket by separating the upper and lower
crusts."
Also repeated here: http://www.answers.com/topic/pita-1

A quick search didn't reveal the use of two pieces of dough.

Johnnae