[Sca-cooks] Best bulk pie crust recipe?

Euriol of Lothian euriol at ptd.net
Thu Jan 22 07:25:02 PST 2009

How many pie crusts are you expecting to do?

I've used a ratio of 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup butter, 1/2 tsp. salt and 3-4 Tbsp
ice cold water with lots of success for making a single pie crust. For a 1
lb. box of butter, I can get 6 pie crusts. I know that butter is sold in
bulk at some of the big wholesale stores and sometimes I can find it for
$2/pound at the local market.

Euriol