[Sca-cooks] Gazpacho

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 00:17:29 PST 2009

Suey,

Here is my recipe for gazpacho.  I got it when I was in Spain many years ago.

Huette

1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/4 cup wine vinegar
8 large tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup minced onion
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cumin seeds, crushed [optional]
Water [if necessary]

Soak bread crumbs with the vinegar.  Place all ingredients, reserving a tablespoon each of chopped tomato, onion and cucumber, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add in reserved items.  Add water to thin gazpacho if it seems too thick.  Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.