[Sca-cooks] egg peeler

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 12:53:57 PST 2009

After all that talk about peeling eggs, I found something interesting in a Walter Drake catalog. It's described as an 'Instant Egg Peeler'? that 'shells eggs automatically without tedious peeling. Just slip onto faucet, insert egg and turn on the water. Presto! Egg slides out of the shell like magic!'?

The item appears to be a flexible cone of rubber which uses the force of the water from the sink to push off the shell (sorta like the 'put it up to your mouth and blow' technique discussed here...)
?
I haven't tried it yet myself... Anyway, it costs around $5 and the control number in the catalog I have is 303532.? (1-800-525-9291 and they probably have on-line as well.)

Devra the Baker