[Sca-cooks] Rue

Laureen Hart lhart at graycomputer.com
Mon Jan 26 10:48:48 PST 2009

I think that rue is exceptionally nasty and bitter (and without redeeming
culinary value, yuk).
I don't think the amount you put in a recipe poses a health hazard to
anyone, but better safe than sorry can't hurt.
I agree that celery or rosemary aren't bitter enough. The celery family can
be bitter but they add that particularly celery note.
I don't think Radish leaves are either. I think of them as being more
peppery, not bitter.
Feverfew is closer to the bitter nature of rue, but not quite as nasty.

Randell Raye