[Sca-cooks] OT What is this?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Jul 2 18:21:41 PDT 2009

If it is about 5 to 6 inches long with what looks to be a clipped point or a 
round point blade blank, its probably a butter spreader.  You might also 
want to check that flatware closely.  The Simpson Hall and Miller cutlery 
I've encountered is sterling rather than silver plate.


----- Original Message ----- 

This is off SCA topic, but I need help identifying a piece of flatware. I've 
purchased a bundle package of old silver plate and it had a most unusual 
looking item in it and I have no idea what so ever what it is used for.

I've tried to look up on the net and can't find anywhere that has anything 
similar. The back says the makers are Simpson Hall Miller & Co. 620. The 
closest thing it looks like is a knife, but it's not a knife.

If you think you can help me figure out what it is, or know someone who 
could please contact me off list and I'll send pics. celticcheri at yahoo.com
Thank you so much.

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list