[Sca-cooks] OT What is this?

Lynn LRA at olpdsl.net
Thu Jul 2 20:31:55 PDT 2009

It could also be a fish knife, which is also blunt edged and round 
tipped. It is not used to cut the fish, but to pull it apart with the 
fork and fish knife.

Lynn the Inquisitive

Terry Decker wrote:
> If it is about 5 to 6 inches long with what looks to be a clipped 
> point or a round point blade blank, its probably a butter spreader.  
> You might also want to check that flatware closely.  The Simpson Hall 
> and Miller cutlery I've encountered is sterling rather than silver plate.
> Bear
> ----- Original Message -----
> This is off SCA topic, but I need help identifying a piece of 
> flatware. I've purchased a bundle package of old silver plate and it 
> had a most unusual looking item in it and I have no idea what so ever 
> what it is used for.
> I've tried to look up on the net and can't find anywhere that has 
> anything similar. The back says the makers are Simpson Hall Miller & 
> Co. 620. The closest thing it looks like is a knife, but it's not a 
> knife. 

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list