[Sca-cooks] reading and understanding period recipes

Mark S. Harris MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 3 21:34:07 PDT 2009

When asked about classes, Shoshanna replied:
<<< I would like to see a class on reading and understanding period
recipes.

I can hold my own with cooking (usually) and my food turns out pretty
tasty
(usually) but I know that when I start to read period recipes - either
in
English, old English, or any other language my eyes begin to glaze
over and
I loose my concentration because it is not familiar to me. >>>

Perhaps some of our previous discussion on redacting recipes might be
of use to you while you wait for such a class.

In the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
Redacting-art     (10K)  7/ 3/00  "The Kitchen Wench Way: Redacting
Recipes"
                                      by Caointiarn.
Redacting-Rec-art (14K) 12/22/08  "Take a Quayle, and Sle Him - A
Beginner's
                                      Guide to Redacting Medieval
Recipes"
                                      by Mistress Euriol of Lothian,
O.P.
redacting-msg     (50K) 10/ 8/08  Changing period recipes into modern
format.

Stefan
======
Mark S. Harris
Electronics Engineer, Board and Systems Design
MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris