[Sca-cooks] Scappi Bread Pudding Recipe

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 22 10:04:22 PDT 2009

On Jul 22, 2009, at 12:50 PM, David Walddon wrote:

> So Scappi is a BIG book and I have not found a bread pudding recipe
> in it.
> Has anyone else?
> I have some English Elizabethan recipes but I have some left over
> bread and
> would like to make one from Scappi.
> Eduardo

There doesn't seem to be your standard English-type baked charlotte-
type bread/custard pudding, but in Book VI, which contains mostly
dishes for the sick, there are several pap-like dishes such as
sweetened breadcrumb mush with almond milk, as well as several recipes
for stewed fruit served on sops.

I'm on my way out the door or I'd go into more detail...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter