[Sca-cooks] Scappi Bread Pudding Recipe

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Wed Jul 22 11:40:22 PDT 2009

Thanks I have looked through those recipes and there are some that come
close (sugar, rosewater, almond milk) but not really what I am looking for.
Interestingly there is one in Robert May that I have made in the past but I
forgot what the title was -

To make an Italian Pudding
Take a fine manchet and cut it in square pieces like dice, then put to it
half a pound of beef-suet minced small, raisins of the sun, cloves, mace,
minced dates, sugar, marrow, rosewater, eggs, and cream, mingle all these
together, put them into a buttered dish in less than an hour it will be
baked and when you serve it, scrape sugar on it.

Might do this. It is yummy!

Eduardo