[Sca-cooks] Fine Spice Powder for Tarts?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Jul 28 06:06:31 PDT 2009

I have been working on spice recipes again too.

This looks like the Pouldre Fine proportions from the version that the
Scully's published in Early French Cookery. Let's see -- it's here in
the old, old, version of my
article from 2003.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/F-It-spce-mixs-art.text

Pouldre Fine Spice Mixture from Le Menagier de Paris. 1390's.
3 tablespoons ground ginger
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon grains of paradise
1 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons sugar
Mix well and store in covered container.
D. Eleanor Scully and Terence Scully. Early French Cookery. [1995] pp. 54-56.

Johnnae