[Sca-cooks] What kind of class would you attend?

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 1 13:11:54 PDT 2009

Gunthar asked:
 >So, what kind of class would you like to attend that is never or rarely
 >taught?

Two, actually.  The first is a "make me do it and practice the
technique" knife-sharpening class.  I don't know how to do it.  I have
an electric knife sharpener that sits quiescent; I have my father's
whetstone; I have those two chopstick-like ceramic thingies that were
popular in the 70s or 80s. (They stick upright a different angles in a
board and you swipe the knife down them one at a time which sharpens
both sides.

The second is one I attended and then forgot how to do - how to cut up
an onion in a reasonably professional manner.  I invented my own
technique years ago and need to learn - and practice - something else
(especially with sharper knives than I have!)

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com